Sunday, March 6, 2016

GOOD MORNING WORLD!!!!

GOOD MORNING WORLD!!!!
Yes this is another blog, one in a sea of blogs and one in a sea of quilting blogs.  I am setting this one up so I am able to get feedback on the quilts I have made.  It is all nice and dandy to make a quilt, set it up for sale, have 80+ views, and 6 people following but nobody to buy it.  Why did nobody buy it, why did I get so many views on this one and not on another?

I also don't follow patterns much or take classes. I am sure I am not the only one out there like this.  I think of something in my head, try it out and see if I can recreate what my brain has created.

I started sewing when I was little with my mom, she bought me my own Brother sewing machine when I got married some 24+ years ago.  It died because I did not know how to take care of it.  I used it to sew almost all of the baby clothes for my little guy who is now almost 23.

Of course how most things start.  I had been thinking I needed a new sewing machine because I had not had one in about 12 years, mom comes to visit and shows me the Husqvarna sewing machines (she is into quilting and embroidery). After she left, I went back and got the Eden Rose 250C and that is where it all started.

Some 4 years later, I am addicted to sewing quilts, problem is I want to sew and have more ideas than relatives to give them to, not to mention my kids were growing up and I needed something else to fill my time.... Hello, sell quilts online.  Easier said than done I say.  But I have sold a few and have had good reviews from the people who bought them.

Long post here but since it is my first I guess that is okay.  I will try and post little bits here and there about what I am working on at the time, my fails and what has worked out.  In addition to my posts please check out my gallery, where you can view photos of what I have finished and find links to my Ebay Store (once I figure it out.)

Have a great day and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment