Friday, March 11, 2016

Big Stitching Red, Black, and White

Found out yesterday that I need to get an Angiogram for my foot that was injured a year ago and still has not completely healed.  Apparently there is a blockage near the injury site.  

Sooo… I can’t sit in my sewing chair too long or stand for very long at all because it hurts too much.  I have been spending a lot of time on my couch for the last year.  I will be so glad when this is finally fixed.

I knew I needed to get another red, black, and white baby quilt for sale again.  I had the base top ready but heat fused the “curved teardrops” down and have been “big stitching” around them today using variegated pearl cotton #10.

In the past I have done the “big stitching” through all three layers of the quilt.  Today I wanted to try it with just the quilt top and see how that goes.  WOW can I just say it is a whole lot easier to hand sew through one layer than it is three.

Have a great weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment